Adult Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder that involves a combination of persistent problems such as attention difficulties, hyperactivity, and impulsive behavior. ADHD in adults can lead to unstable relationships, poor performance at work or school, low self-esteem, and other problems.Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Treatment Nizamabad
- Although it is known as ADHD in adults, symptoms start in early childhood and continue into adulthood. In some cases, ADHD is not recognized or diagnosed until the person is an adult. The symptoms of ADHD in adults may not be as evident as the symptoms of ADHD in children. In adults, hyperactivity may decrease, but problems with impulsiveness, restlessness, and difficulty in paying attention may persist.
- Treating ADHD in adults is similar to treating ADHD in children. Treatment for ADHD in adults includes medication, counseling (psychotherapy), and treatment for any mental health problems that occur with ADHD.
Disorganization and prioritization of problems
Poor time management skills
Difficulty concentrating on a task
Excessive activity or restlessness
Low tolerance for frustration
Frequent mood swings
Problems monitoring and performing tasks
Difficulty dealing with stress
While the exact cause of ADHD remains unclear, research continues. Factors that can be involved in the development of ADHD include:
- Genetically. ADHD can run in families, and studies show that genes can play a role.
- Surroundings. Certain environmental factors can also increase the risk, e.g. B. Lead exposure in children.
- Problems during development. Central nervous system problems at key points of development can play a role.
- Risk factors
- The risk of ADHD may increase if:
- You have blood relatives, such as parents or siblings, with ADHD or another mental disorder
- Your mother smoked, drank alcohol, or used drugs during pregnancy
- As a child, you were exposed to environmental toxins – such as lead, which is mainly found in paint and pipes in older buildings.
- You were born early.Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Treatment Nizamabad