- Inflamed epidermoid cyst on the side of the nose
- Epidermoid CystOpen Popup Dialog
- Epidermoid cysts (ep-ih-DUR-moid) are small, non-cancerous bumps under the skin. They can appear anywhere on the skin, but are most common on the face, neck, and trunk.
Epidermoid cysts grow slowly and are often painless, so they rarely cause problems or require treatment. You can choose to have a doctor remove a cyst if it bothers you, or if it is painful, broken, or infected. Epidermoid cysts Treatment in Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of an epidermoid cyst are:
- A small, round lump under the skin, usually on the face, neck, or trunk
- A small black dot blocks the central opening of the cyst
- A thick, yellow, smelly material that sometimes drains from the cyst
- Redness, swelling, and tenderness in the area whether inflamed or infected
- The surface of your skin (epidermis) is made up of a thin protective layer of cells that your body is constantly rejecting. Most epidermoid cysts form when these cells go deeper into your skin and multiply instead of breaking off. Sometimes cysts form due to irritation or injury to the skin or the outermost part of a hair follicle.
- The epidermal cells form the walls of the cyst and then secrete the keratin protein inside. Keratin is the thick, yellow substance that sometimes drains from the cyst. This abnormal cell growth could be due to a damaged hair follicle or a sebum gland in your skin. Epidermoid cysts Treatment in Nizamabad
Almost anyone can develop one or more epidermoid cysts, but these factors make you more susceptible:
- Have passed puberty
- Have certain rare genetic diseases
- Injury the skin.