- What happens to the penis during an erection?
- Flaccid and erect penis Open popup dialog
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex.
- Having erectile dysfunction every now and then isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. However, if erectile dysfunction is a lifelong problem, it can cause stress, affect your confidence, and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or maintaining an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health problem that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease.
If you are concerned about erectile dysfunction, even if you are ashamed, speak to your doctor. Sometimes treating an underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medication or other direct treatments may be needed. Erectile dysfunction Treatment in Nizamabad
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction can include persistent symptoms:
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
- Decreased sexual desire
- Male sexual arousal is a complex process involving the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem related to any of these issues. Likewise, stress and mental health problems can cause or cause erectile dysfunction.
- Sometimes a combination of physical and mental problems leads to erectile dysfunction. For example, having a mild physical condition that slows your sexual response may create a fear of maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
As you age, erections may take longer to develop and may not be as firm. You may need more direct contact with your penis to get and keep an erection.
Several risk factors can contribute to erectile dysfunction, including:
- Medical conditions, especially diabetes or heart problems
- Tobacco use, which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries, can cause chronic health problems over time that lead to erectile dysfunction
- Being overweight, especially if you are obese
- Certain medical treatments like prostate surgery or radiation therapy for cancer
- Injuries, especially if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
- Medicines, including antidepressants, antihistamines, and medicines used to treat high blood pressure, pain, or prostate disease
- Mental states such as stress, anxiety, or depression
The best way to prevent erectile dysfunction is to choose a healthy lifestyle and manage existing health problems. For example:
- Work with your doctor to manage diabetes, heart disease, or other chronic health problems.
- Ask your doctor about regular exams and medical exams.
- Quit smoking, limit or avoid alcohol, and do not use illegal drugs.
- Regular exercise.
- Take steps to reduce stress. Erectile dysfunction Treatment in Nizamabad