- Esthesioneuroblastoma (es-thee-zee-o-noo-row-blas-TOE-muh) is a rare type of cancer that begins in the upper part of the nasal cavity.
- The area where esthesioneuroblastoma begins is separated from the brain by a bone that contains tiny holes through which the odor-controlling nerves (olfactory nerves) can pass. Esthesioneuroblastoma is also known as olfactory neuroblastoma.
- Esthesioneuroblastoma, which can occur in adults at any age, usually starts as a tumor in the nasal cavity and can develop or spread to the sinuses, eyes, and brain. People with esthesioneuroblastoma may lose their sense of smell, have frequent nosebleeds, and have difficulty breathing through their nose as the tumor grows.
- Esthesioneuroblastoma can also spread to the lymph nodes in the neck and parotid gland. In more advanced cases, esthesioneuroblastoma can spread to other parts of the brain and other parts of the body such as the lungs, liver, and bones. Esthesioneuroblastoma Treatment in Nizamabad
Symptoms of esthesioneuroblastoma include:
- Lose your sense of smell
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
The exact cause of the esthesioneuroblastoma was not found. Usually cancer starts with a genetic mutation that allows normal, healthy cells to continue growing without responding to stop signals, which is different from what normal cells do. Cancer cells grow and multiply in an uncontrolled manner. The abnormal cells that accumulate form a lump (tumor). Esthesioneuroblastoma Treatment in Nizamabad