- Fibromyalgia is a condition characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain and is associated with problems such as fatigue, sleep, memory, and mood. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain and spinal cord process painful and non-painful signals.
- Symptoms often appear after an event, such as: B. physical trauma, surgery, infection, or significant psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms build up gradually over time without a single triggering event.
- Women are more likely to develop fibromyalgia than men. Many people with fibromyalgia also experience tension headaches, TMJ disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, and depression. Fibromyalgia treatment in Nizamabad
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- Generalized pain. Pain associated with fibromyalgia is often described as a dull, constant pain that lasts for at least three months. To be considered generalized, the pain must appear on both sides of your body, as well as above and below your waist.
- Tired. People with fibromyalgia often wake up tired, even after sleeping for long periods of time. Sleep is often disturbed by pain, and many fibromyalgia patients suffer from other sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea.
- Cognitive difficulties. A symptom commonly referred to as “fibro fog” interferes with the ability to concentrate, pay attention, and focus on mental tasks.
- Many researchers believe that repeated nerve stimulation causes changes in the brain and spinal cord of people with fibromyalgia. This change involves an abnormal increase in the levels of certain chemicals in the brain that signal pain.
- In addition, the pain receptors in the brain seem to develop a kind of pain memory and become sensitized, which means that they can overreact to painful and non-painful signals.
- Many factors are likely responsible for these changes, including:
- Genetically. Because fibromyalgia usually runs in families, there may be certain genetic mutations that make you more likely to develop the disorder.
Infections. Certain diseases appear to trigger or worsen fibromyalgia.
Physical or emotional events. Sometimes fibromyalgia can be triggered by a physical event such as a car accident. Prolonged psychological stress can also trigger the disease. Fibromyalgia treatment in Nizamabad
Risk factors for fibromyalgia are:
Your gender-specific fibromyalgia is diagnosed more often in women than in men.
Family history. You may be more likely to develop fibromyalgia if a parent or sibling has it too.
Other disorders. If you have osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus, you may be more likely to develop fibromyalgia.
The pain, fatigue, and trouble sleeping associated with fibromyalgia can affect your ability to function at home or at work. The frustration of dealing with an often misunderstood condition can also lead to depression and health anxiety. Fibromyalgia treatment in Nizamabad