- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis is a rare condition that causes inflammation of the blood vessels in the nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, and kidneys.
- Formerly known as Wegener’s granulomatosis, this condition belongs to a group of blood vessel disorders called vasculitis. This will slow down the flow of blood to some of your organs. Affected tissues can develop areas of inflammation called granulomas, which can affect the way these organs work.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of granulomatosis with polyangiitis can lead to a full recovery. Without treatment, the condition can be life threatening.
The signs and symptoms of granulomatosis with polyangiitis can appear suddenly or over several months. The first warning signs are usually your sinuses, throat, or lungs. The condition often worsens quickly and affects the blood vessels and the organs they supply, such as the kidneys. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis Treatment in Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of granulomatosis with polyangiitis can include:
- Purulent drainage with crusts, congestion, sinus infections and nosebleeds
- Cough, sometimes with bloody phlegm
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Joint pain
- Numbness in the limbs, fingers, or toes
- Weight loss
- Blood in your urine
- Skin sores, bruises, or rashes
- Eye redness, burning sensation, or pain and blurred vision
- Ear infections and hearing problems
- The cause of granulomatosis with polyangiitis is unknown. It is not contagious and there is no evidence that it is inherited.
- The condition can lead to inflammation and narrowing of the blood vessels and harmful inflammatory masses of tissue (granulomas). Granulomas can destroy normal tissue, and narrowed blood vessels reduce the amount of blood and oxygen that reaches the tissues and organs in your body. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis Treatment in Nizamabad
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis can occur at any age. People between the ages of 40 and 65 are most commonly affected.