How to treat male gynecomastia without surgery
If you have male gynecomastia, this can be quite bothersome. The feeling of taking off the top and being watched or worse of laughing is not something you will want. If you are reading this article, taken the first steps to resolve the problem.
If you don’t already know, there are two forms of gynecomastia. Pseudogynecomastia causes an enlarged breast which is directly linked to being overweight. Enlarged breasts are made up of fat cells that are easier to treat. Here are some simple but effective tips for overcoming pseudo gynecomastia.
- Watch what you eat and drink. Most men with pseudo gynecomastia tend to drink alcohol regularly. You may know by now, but alcohol increases the level of estrogen in the body, which is the main hormone in women. Beverages like beer are high in calories and you will have noticed that overweight men who consume a lot of beer also suffer from pseudo gynecomastia.
- If your diet consists mainly of fried fast food, pseudo gynecomastia can become a problem. Fat is deposited around the body and pseudo gynecomastia after the age of 30 is more pronounced in overweight men. There has been a lot of talk about healthy eating and good nutrition, and there is simply no substitute for that: “You are what you eat and drink”! I say drink because you have to monitor the amount of water you drink throughout the day. Did you know that water increases your body’s metabolic rate?
- Try to exercise regularly. Burning calories helps to lose both all body fat and your breast fat. There is a common misconception that you can lose fat in one area of your body. With a good diet and exercise program, fat is lost throughout the body. You can also do resistance exercises to build your chest. Breast exercises are a great way to build muscle and lose fat.
The other form of gynecomastia is known as glandular gynecomastia. This is due to an excess of glandular tissue in the chest. If you have glandular gynecomastia, you have more female breasts. The look and feel of your breasts will be like that of a woman. This form of gynecomastia can be very stressful. You can consider the following options.
- Advice. The first thing you should do is consult your doctor. They offer helpful advice on how to fight glandular gynecomastia.
- surgery. This method is done either in the form of liposuction or elimination of the glands. Although effective, this form of treatment is expensive. In the UK, this treatment is not covered by the NHS. In most countries, you pay for this treatment.
- If you suffer from gynecomastia due to puberty, you cannot wait until maturity because the breasts slowly disappear.
- You may have an enlarged breast due to the use of steroids or other medications. By simply stopping or changing the application, the process of breast enlargement should be reversed.