- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) occurs when your thyroid produces too much of the hormone thyroxine. Hyperthyroidism can speed up your body’s metabolism, leading to unintended weight loss and a fast or irregular heartbeat.
- There are several treatments available for hyperthyroidism. Doctors use anti-thyroid drugs and radioactive iodine to slow down thyroid hormone production. Sometimes treatment for hyperthyroidism involves surgery to remove all or part of your thyroid.
- Although hyperthyroidism can be severe if you ignore it, once hyperthyroidism is diagnosed and treated, most people respond well. Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) Treatment in Nizamabad
- Hyperthyroidism can mimic other health problems, which can make diagnosis difficult for your doctor. It can also cause a variety of signs and symptoms, including:
- Accidental weight loss, even if your appetite and food intake remain the same or increase
Fast heartbeat (tachycardia) – usually more than 100 beats per minute
Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
Tremors – usually a slight tremor in the hands and fingers
Changes in menstrual patterns
Increased sensitivity to heat
Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements
An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter) that may appear as a swelling at the base of your neck
Tiredness, muscle weakness
Thinning of the skin
Thin and brittle hair
- Thyroid gland with larynx and trachea
- Thyroid Open the popup dialog
- Hyperthyroidism can be caused by a number of medical conditions, including Graves’ disease, Plummer’s disease, and thyroiditis.
- Your thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland at the base of your neck, just below your Adam’s apple. The thyroid has a huge impact on your health. Every aspect of your metabolism is regulated by thyroid hormones.
- Your thyroid produces two main hormones, thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), which affect every cell in your body. They maintain the rate at which your body uses fats and carbohydrates, control your body temperature, affect your heart rate, and help regulate protein production. Your thyroid also makes a hormone that helps regulate the amount of calcium in your blood (calcitonin). Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) Treatment in Nizamabad
Risk factors for hyperthyroidism are:
- A family history, particularly Graves’ disease
- A personal history of certain chronic diseases such as type 1 diabetes, pernicious anemia, and primary adrenal insufficiency. Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) Treatment in Nizamabad