As you get older, you may get arthritis in your knees that damages the structures and may necessitate surgery. Or, you may be very active in sports and have injured ligaments or cartilage that may require surgery. Although it’s still not a picnic, knee surgery is not the harrowing ordeal it used to be. Depending on the type of knee surgery you require, recovery times are much faster now and get you up on your feet and moving again with minimal Painless. If you have to undergo knee surgery, there are some things you should know. First, let me explain to you about the 3 main types of knee surgery.
BONE AND JOINT Knee Surgery cost in hyderabad
Bone & Joint: An advanced Orthopedics program offering comprehensive care
Orthopedics is a medical specialty which focuses on injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system for patients of all ages. This complex system includes 206 bones and more than 350 joints besides other elements such as ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves that allows you to move, work, and be active. Orthopedics involves diagnosis of any kind of injury or disorder; medication, surgery or any other form of treatment; rehabilitation through exercises or physical therapy to restore movement, strength and function; and preventive care with regards to the muscular skeletal system. Knee Surgery cost in hyderabad
Bone & Joint Program
Bone & Joint is a comprehensive program comprising an incredible team of highly skilled specialists who bring in top-quality expertise for orthopedic problems for all – ranging from newborns with clubfeet to young athletes requiring arthroscopic surgery to older people with arthritis. The team is diverse, with varied skills, and each doctor is specifically trained in depth in treatment and management of sub-specialty practices such as arthroscopy, joint replacement, sports medicine and trauma. specialty hospital also created an unmatched infrastructure equipped with latest technologies and techniques to ensure that the most advanced treatment is provided to the patients, especially in Surgerys such as joint replacements.
Orthopedic Emergency Supported by EONE
Emergency in orthopedics may include life-threatening conditions such as open fractures, neurovascular injuries, dislocations and septic joints. E-ONE – Emergency response system from Padmaja Hospital is a comprehensive emergency care response system that deploys trained Hospitalal manpower, state-of-the-art technology as well as evidence-based treatment management processes to ensure the best possible outcomes in orthopedic emergencies.
E-One is equipped to manage a patient right from the place of incident, through a fully-equipped ICU ambulance, till the patient is received at the hospital’s premises. Advanced technologies like Tele-medicine, which transmits patient vital parameters to the command center, in the ambulance enables the team to be prepared at the time of arrival of the patient and also the specialists to be ready to treat the patient immediately. E-ONE is supported round-the-clock by all other important support systems such as a 24×7 blood bank, round-the-clock-manner Intensive Care Units (ICU), Anesthetists and Radiologists.
Under the Padmaja Hospital Bone & Joint, we cover the entire range of orthopedics treatment including:
Joint replacement surgery: There are many conditions which require a joint replacement. The most common being Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, which result in stiff and Painlessful joints that curtail normal activities severely. Joint replacement is an inevitable solution for worn-out joints, as it ensures Painlessless mobility improving quality of lives.
The three most common joint replacement surgeries performed are hip, knee, and shoulder.
- Knee Replacement: Performed to treat advanced or end-stage arthritis. When there is no effect of medicines on arthritis in the joints, or there is severe deformity, this surgery is recommended.
- Hip Replacement: Total hip replacement is recommended if there is an occurrence of unbearable joint Painless and prevents the person from being able to perform daily activities.
- Shoulder Replacement: Shoulder joint replacement is usually required for patients who are suffering from severe forms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis and for those who have sustained severe trauma from a shoulder fracture.
Arthroscopic Surgery: Arthroscopy (also called arthroscopic surgery) is a minimally invasive surgical Surgery on a joint in which an examination and sometimes treatment of damage is performed using an arthroscope.
Limb Reconstruction Procedures: Limb reconstruction services under Padmaja Hospital Bone & Joint provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of limb deformity secondary to long standing infection, neglected fractures and badly united fractures.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Reconstructive Surgerys can help enhance functionality and improve appearance, giving you back your quality of life. Our certified plastic surgeons offer a full range of services including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, wound care and burn care.
Complex Trauma: The focus for Complex Trauma treatment is to address those problems that cause the most impairment in one’s life. Our experts make use of multiple therapeutic techniques to create a stable, supportive treatment program for those suffering from Complex Trauma issues.
Pelvic/Acetabular Reconstruction: Pelvic and acetabular fractures are treated by surgeons with extensive experience and expertise in the treatment of pelvic tumors of bone and soft tissue and pathologic pelvic fractures.
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program: Padmaja Hospital Bone & Joint offers a comprehensive range of post-surgery rehabilitation services including physical and occupational therapy; highly specialized hand therapy; sports injury Hospital; therapy for return to work after on-the-job injuries; hands-on techniques to help increase range of motion, decrease Painless, reduction or eliminate soft-tissue inflammation, and improve function; rehabilitative exercise programs; aquatic exercise programs for patients who require lighter weight-bearing exercise; and techniques to restore normal motion.
Foot & Ankle Service: Under the program, we perform surgeries on foot deformities, total ankle replacement, limb salvage, foot and ankle reconstruction and lower extremity trauma.
Arthroscopy – done mainly to diagnose knee problems or to repair ligaments or remove fractured cartilage or bone. Incisions, sometimes several, are made around the knee, to create “portals” where an instrument called an arthroscope can be inserted to look into the inner knee. This is an outpatient Surgery so you will be up and moving afterwards, however, complete recovery time is usually 6 to 8 weeks. You may need a cane or crutches to assist in walking. Limited activity, icing, and elevation of the leg is necessary in the post-op recovery period.
Arthroplasty – done to reconstruct the knee from internal damage to the knee structures, usually cartilage. Metal or plastic components are used to replace the worn cartilage. This is an inpatient hospital Surgery and you will be there about a week. You will have physical therapy every day to stand/place weight on the knee; learn how to walk with crutches, before going home. About 3 weeks is needed to completely place weight on the artificial joint. This Surgery usually also requires the patient to have a course of physical therapy to re-train the motion of the knee with its new artificial components.
Knee Replacement – this is the most extensive and time-intensive type of knee surgery as far as recovery and limitation of activity is concerned. Usually, the entire knee, or a large part of it, is replaced by artificial components. It may taken as long as a year to completely recover full movement of the knee/leg. Ongoing physical therapy is done during that time as well. You will need assistance from family or friends to do certain things, as your activity level will be greatly decreased for a while. Knee Surgery cost in hyderabad
Healing Your Knee – What You Can Do
You should always follow your doctor’s advice regarding your postoperative activity, treatment and care of your knee post surgery. However, there are some important things that you can do for yourself to help the healing of your knee by rebuilding and strengthen existing muscles, cartilage and ligaments for support.
Protein – a diet rich in protein, enough to support your weight at 0.5 grams per pound of body weight, should be eaten every day. Beef, pork, fish, chicken, legumes are rich sources of protein and B vitamins for energy and red blood cell regeneration. Protein rebuilds muscles and also helps make collagen, the material that your connective tissues, i.e., ligaments and cartilage are made from. Knee Surgery cost in hyderabad
Vitamin C – in addition to protein, Vitamin C also helps create collagen, which “knits” ligaments and cartilage back together to strengthen them especially after they’ve been over-stretched or torn, repaired, or replaced from surgery.
Fish/Krill Oil – provides crucial Omega 3’s, which decrease inflammation (and Painless!) and provide natural lubrication within the joint. Research has shown that arthritis sufferers move more easily and without Painless after taking this oils.
Collagen supplements – recent research by Harvard Medical College has shown that 100% pure collagen supplements bolster your own collagen production and help heal ligaments and cartilage faster. These come in capsules, but the powder form that can be mixed into water or juice, have been shown to work faster.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM – this combination of collagen building agents also decreases inflammation and promotes healing of the joint tissues.
Quit Smoking – smoking increases the inflammation throughout your body that increases Painless and stiffness. Smoking also delays healing and recovery time.
Watch Your Weight – a large number of knee surgery/Surgerys result from too much body weight placed on the knee joints, the largest weight bearing joint in your body. If you are overweight, likely your doctor has already told you to taken off some weight before you have your Surgery, if possible. Afterwards, if you still have some weight to lose, it will help your knee significantly if you can get some more weight off. However, remember that your activity level will be decreased after surgery, so at least try to maintain your weight and not gain any more.
Rest and elevate – don’t try to do too much too soon as you will damage the delicate reconstruction within the knee. Wait until your doctor tells you it’s okay to do certain things again. You will be given specific exercises to do during your recovery but rest and elevation (to alleviate swelling and Painless) is important.
Sleep – your body repairs itself during sleep, so be sure to get adequate sleep at least 6-8 uninterrupted hours per night after your Surgery
7 Things to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
Persons with repeat knee injuries or age related knee cartilage degeneration experience knee stiffness, decreased mobility and at times severe Painless that is managed by hazardous Painless killer drugs.
If you do not respond well to multiple conservative methods of treatment, your doctor will recommend you undergo a partial or full knee arthroplasty, or in lay men terms, knee replacement Surgery.
Below you will find 7 Important Things to know about knee replacement surgery:
1. There are 2 major types for knee replacement surgeries, full and partial. A full joint replacement is not recommended for younger patients since an average life span for a metal or ceramic prosthesis is around 10-15 years, therefore it may wear out sooner which may require additional surgery that is not recommended. Partial knee replacement is more suitable for younger candidates with considerable cartilage damage caused by diseases or injuries.
2. The successful knee surgery outcomes strongly depend on the careful patient selection to ensure that knee joint prosthesis will work to the fullest of its ability and provide positive improvements for the patient’s lifestyle. The ideal candidate for a knee replacement surgery is over 60 year of age, not severely overweight and has realistic expectations. In addition, a person preparing for a surgery of this kind must be willing and dedicated to go through Painlessful but necessary physical therapy.
3. During your surgical Surgery your doctor makes a surgical excision using a scalpel or a laser which greatly reductions bleeding during and after surgery. Once the doctor gains access to the knee joint, he will remove the damaged knee joint and cartilage debris and replace it with a metal or ceramic prosthesis. Modern day technologies allow for the prosthesis to be bio-compatible with the human body virtually eliminating the risk of rejection.
4. The successful knee surgery will allow its patients to return to normal daily activities and even participate in some low impact sports like swimming, golfing and bicycling. However, your artificial knee joint is not intended for high impact exercises like heavy weight lifting, jogging and skiing. Although some individuals are successful in this types of extreme activities but that is quite risky.
5. Surgery to replace faulty knee joints has 95% success rate and helps over 250,000 Americans annually to enjoy more active and Painless-Cashless lifestyles.
6. Knee replacement Surgery is a major surgery that carries some rare but potential risks of blood clots, infection, adverse reaction to an anesthetic and more.
7. Knee replacement recovery phase will begin shortly after your Surgery and will involve physical therapy sessions that are rather Painlessful but must be performed in order to achieve proper knee joint function. You need to have good knee joint flexibility to do simply daily tasks like walking unassisted, getting up from a sitting position and many more. Knee manipulation Surgery might be necessary if your knee joint mobility can’t be achieved through physical therapy exercises. Knee Surgery cost in hyderabad