A latex allergy is a reaction to certain proteins in natural rubber latex, a product made from rubber trees. If you have a latex allergy, your body views latex as a harmful substance.Latex allergy Treatment Nizamabad
- A latex allergy can cause itchy skin and hives or even anaphylaxis, a life-threatening condition that can cause swelling of the throat and severe breathing difficulties. Your doctor can determine if you have a latex allergy or if you are at risk of developing a latex allergy.
- Understanding latex allergy and the most common sources of latex can help prevent allergic reactions.
If you are allergic to latex, symptoms may occur after touching latex rubber products such as gloves or balloons. You can also experience symptoms from inhaling latex particles that are released into the air when someone takes off their latex gloves.Latex allergy Treatment Nizamabad
- The symptoms of a latex allergy range from mild to severe. A reaction depends on your sensitivity to latex and how much latex you touch or inhale. Your response may worsen with any further exposure to latex.
Symptoms of a mild latex allergy include:
- Reddening of the skin
- Hives or rash
- More serious symptoms
- These include:
- Runny nose
- Watery and itchy eyes
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- to cough
With a latex allergy, your immune system recognizes latex as a harmful substance and triggers certain antibodies to fight it. The next time you’re exposed to latex, these antibodies tell your immune system to release histamine and other chemicals into your bloodstream, causing a number of signs and symptoms of allergies. The more you are exposed to latex, the more likely your immune system is to respond. This is called awareness.Latex allergy Treatment Nizamabad
A latex allergy can occur in the following ways:
- Direct contact. The most common cause of a latex allergy is touching products that contain latex, including latex gloves, condoms, and balloons.
- Inhalation. Latex products, especially gloves, release latex particles that you can breathe when they are suspended in mid-air. The amount of latex in the hand in gloves differs significantly depending on the brand of glove used.
Some people are at higher risk of developing a latex allergy:Latex allergy Treatment Nizamabad
- People with spina bifida. The risk of allergy to latex is highest in people with spina bifida – a birth defect that affects the development of the spine. People with this disorder are often exposed to latex products through early and frequent health care. People with spina bifida should always avoid latex products.
- People who have had multiple surgeries or medical procedures. Repeated contact with latex gloves and medical devices increases the risk of a latex allergy.
- Health care workers. If you work in the healthcare field, you are at increased risk of developing a latex allergy.
- Workers in the rubber industry. Repeated contact with latex can increase sensitivity.
- People with a personal or family history of allergies. You are at an increased risk of developing a latex allergy if you have other allergies – like hay fever or a food allergy – or if they are common in your family.
Many common products contain latex, but you can usually find a suitable option. Prevent an allergic reaction to latex by avoiding the following products:Latex allergy Treatment Nizamabad
Certain types of carpets
Hot water bottles
Some disposable diapers
Motorcycle and bicycle handles
Blood pressure cuffs