Low blood pressure can be a good thing, and some people are fine with it. However, in many people, abnormally low blood pressure (hypotension) can cause dizziness and fainting. In severe cases, low blood pressure can be life threatening.
A blood pressure below 90 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) for the upper number (systolic) or 60 mm Hg for the lower number (diastolic) is generally considered to be low blood pressure.
Hypotension can range from dehydration to serious illness. It is important to know what is causing your low blood pressure in order for it to be treated. Low blood pressure (hypotension) Treatment in Nizamabad
In some people, low blood pressure indicates an underlying problem, especially if it suddenly decreases or is accompanied by signs and symptoms, such as:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Blurred vision or discoloration
- Little concentration
Blood pressure is a measure of the pressure in your arteries during the active and resting phases of each heartbeat.
Systolic pressure. The highest number on a blood pressure reading is the pressure your heart creates as you pump blood through your arteries to the rest of your body.
Diastolic pressure. The bottom number on a blood pressure reading refers to the pressure in your arteries when your heart is at rest between beats. Low blood pressure (hypotension) Treatment in Nizamabad
Low blood pressure (hypotension) can happen to anyone, although some types of hypotension are more common depending on age or other factors:
- Age. Loss of blood pressure while standing or after eating occurs mainly in adults over 65 years of age. Neuron-mediated hypotension primarily affects children and young adults.
- Medication. People who take certain medications, such as high blood pressure medications like alpha blockers, are at higher risk for low blood pressure.
- Some diseases. Parkinson’s, diabetes, and some heart conditions put you at increased risk of low blood pressure.
Even moderate forms of hypotension can cause dizziness, weakness, fainting, and the risk of injury from falling.
And very low blood pressure can deprive your body of enough oxygen to perform its functions, resulting in heart and brain damage. Low blood pressure (hypotension) Treatment in Nizamabad