Myopia (Myopia) Open popup dialog
Myopia is a common vision disorder in which you can clearly see objects near you but are out of focus further away. This happens when the shape of your eye causes rays of light to incorrectly bend (refract) and focus images in front of your retina rather than on your retina. Nearsightedness Treatment in Nizamabad
Myopia can develop gradually or quickly and often worsen in childhood and adolescence. Myopia usually runs in families.
A basic eye exam can confirm myopia. You can compensate for the blurring with glasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery. Nearsightedness Treatment in Nizamabad
Symptoms of myopia can include:
- Blurred vision when looking at distant objects
- The need to squint or partially close the eyelids to see clearly
- Headache from eye strain
- Difficulty seeing a vehicle, especially at night (nighttime myopia)
- Myopia is often not diagnosed until childhood and is usually diagnosed between early school years and adolescence. A child with myopia can:
- Persistently cross-eyed
- You need to be closer to the television, the movie screen, or in front of the classroom
- Seems to ignore distant objects
- Flashing excessively
- Rub their eyes frequently
- Eye anatomy
Eye Anatomy Open popup dialog
Your eye is made up of two parts that focus the images:
- The cornea is the transparent dome-shaped front of your eye.
The lens has a clear structure the size and shape of an M&M candy.
In the case of a normal-shaped eye, each of these focusing elements has a perfectly smooth curvature, like the surface of a marble. A cornea and lens with such a curvature bend (refract) all of the incident light to create a perfectly focused image right on the retina in the fundus. Nearsightedness Treatment in Nizamabad
Certain risk factors can increase the likelihood of myopia, such as:
Genetically. Myopia usually runs in families. Having either parent who is nearsighted increases the risk of developing the disease. The risk is even higher if both parents are nearsighted.
Environmental conditions. Some studies support the idea that a lack of time outdoors can increase the likelihood of myopia. Nearsightedness Treatment in Nizamabad