Shaken baby syndrome – also known as inappropriate head injury, shaken impact syndrome, inflicted head injury, or rabbit tremor syndrome – is a serious brain injury caused by violent shaking of an infant or child.
Shaken baby syndrome destroys a child’s brain cells and prevents their brain from getting enough oxygen. Shaken baby syndrome is a form of child abuse that can lead to permanent brain damage or death. Shaken baby syndrome treatment in Nizamabad
Symptoms and signs of shaken baby syndrome include:
- Extreme restlessness or irritability
- Difficulty staying awake
- Difficulty breathing
- Poor diet
- To vomit
- Babies have weak neck muscles and often have trouble supporting their heavy heads. When a baby is violently shaken, its fragile brain vibrates back and forth in the skull. These cause bruising, swelling, and bleeding.
- Shaken baby syndrome usually occurs when a parent or caregiver seriously shakes a baby or toddler out of frustration or anger – often because the child continues to cry.
The following things can make parents or caregivers more likely to shake a baby violently and cause shaken baby syndrome:
- Unrealistic expectations for babies
- Young or single parents
- Domestic violence
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Unstable family situations
Even shaking a baby quickly can cause irreversible brain damage. Many children with Shaken Baby Syndrome die.
Shaken baby syndrome survivors may need lifelong medical attention for conditions such as:
- Partial or complete blindness
- Developmental delays, learning problems, or behavior problems
- Limited intelligence
- Seizure disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- New parenting courses can help parents better understand the dangers of violent shaking, and they can provide tips on how to calm a crying baby and manage stress.
- If your crying baby cannot be comforted, you may be tempted to try whatever you can to stop the tears – but it is important to always be gentle with your child. Nothing justifies shaking a child. Shaken baby syndrome treatment in Nizamabad