- Hantavirus lung syndrome is an infectious disease characterized by flu-like symptoms that can quickly lead to life-threatening breathing problems.
- Different types of hantaviruses can cause hantavirus lung syndrome. They are carried by various species of rodents, in particular the deer mouse. They are mainly infected through air that they breathe, which is infected with hantaviruses, which spread in the urine and feces of rodents. Sin Nombre virus infection treatment in Nizamabad
Hantavirus lung syndrome has two different stages. During the first phase, you may experience flu-like signs and symptoms, including:
- Fever and chills
- Headache and muscle pain
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain
Each type of hantavirus has a preferred parent. The deer mouse is the primary vector of the virus responsible for most cases of hantavirus lung syndrome in North America. Other hantavirus carriers include the white tailed mouse, the cotton rat, and the rice rat. Sin Nombre virus infection treatment in Nizamabad
- Hantavirus lung syndrome is most common in rural areas of the western United States during spring and summer. Hantavirus lung syndrome also occurs in South America and Canada. Other hantaviruses occur in Asia, where they are more likely to cause kidney problems than lung problems.
- The risk of developing hantavirus lung syndrome is higher in people who work, live, or play in rooms where rodents live. Factors and activities that increase risk include:
- Opening and cleaning of long unused buildings or sheds
Cleaning the house, especially in attics or other low-traffic areas
Have a rodent-infested home or work area
Do you have a job that exposes rodents, e.g. B. Construction, public works and pest control
Camping, hiking or hunting
Hantavirus lung syndrome can quickly become life threatening. As the lungs fill with fluid, it becomes more and more difficult to breathe. The blood pressure drops and the organs begin to break down, especially the heart. Depending on the strain of hantavirus, the death rate of the North American variant of hantavirus lung syndrome can be over 30
Keeping rodents away from your home and work can lower your risk of hantavirus infection. Try these tips:
Block access. Mice can squeeze through holes just 6 millimeters wide. Seal the holes with wire mesh, metal bolts, or cement.
Close the food buffet. Quickly wash dishes, clean counters and floors, and store your groceries – including pet food – in rodent-safe containers. Use tight fitting lids for trash cans.
Reduce nesting material. Keep brush, grass and trash away from the foundations. Sin Nombre virus infection treatment in Nizamabad