Dry skin is usually not serious. In most cases, this is due to factors such as hot or cold weather, low humidity, and soaking in hot water.
You can do a lot on your own to improve your skin, including using moisturizers and avoiding harsh, drying soaps. But sometimes dry skin is common or severe. In this cases, you may need the help of a doctor (dermatologist) who specializes in skin.Skin, dry treatment in Khammam
Dry skin is often temporary – you only get it in winter, for example – but it can be a permanent condition. The signs and symptoms of dry skin depend on your age, condition, where you live, how long you have been outdoors, and what is causing the problem. Dry skin can cause one or more of the following effects
- A feeling of tension in the skin, especially after showering, bathing or swimming
- Skin that looks and feels rough
- Itching (pruritus)
- Slight to severe chipping, chipping, or peeling
- Fine lines or cracks
Dry skin (xerosis) often has an environmental cause. Certain diseases can also have a significant impact on your skin. Possible causes of dry skin are:
- Weather. The skin is drier in winter when the temperature and humidity drop. But the time of year may not be that important if you live in desert areas.
- Heat. Central heating, wood stoves, radiators and fireplaces reduction the humidity and dry out the skin.
- Hot baths and showers. Long showers or hot baths can dry out your skin. The same applies to frequent swimming, especially in heavily chlorinated pools.
Anyone can develop dry skin. However, you are more likely to develop the disease if you:
In your 40s or older. The risk increases with age – over 50% of older people have dry skin.
Live in dry, cold, or climates with low humidity.
Do you have a job that requires you to soak your skin in water, e.g. B. Breastfeeding and hairdressing.
Dry skin is generally harmless. However, if left untreated, dry skin can lead to the following:
Atopic dermatitis (eczema). If you are prone to developing this disease, excessive dryness can cause the disease to activate, causing redness, cracking, and inflammation.
Infections. Dry skin can crack and allow bacteria to enter, leading to infection.Skin, dry treatment in Khammam