- Urticaria on fair skin
- Urticaria on Light Skin Open the Urticaria on Dark Skin pop-up dialog box
- Urticaria on dark skin Open the popup dialog
- Urticaria – also known as urticaria (ur-tih-KAR-e-uh) – is an itchy skin reaction that varies in size from small to large patches. Urticaria can be caused by many diseases and substances, including exposure to certain foods or drugs.
Angioedema can occur with hives or alone and cause swelling of the deeper layers of the skin, often around the face and lips. Urticaria and angioedema are common. Most of the time they are harmless, disappear within a day and leave no lasting marks even without treatment. Urticaria treatment in Nizamabad
- Angioedema Open the pop-up dialog box
- The worlds associated with beehives can be:
- Itching from mild to severe
- Round, oval or worm-like
- As small as a pea or as big as a plate
Urticaria and angioedema can be caused by:
Eat. Many foods can trigger reactions in sensitive people. Shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, soybeans, wheat, eggs, and milk are common offenders.
Medication. Many medications can cause hives or angioedema. Common culprits are penicillin, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen sodium (Aleve), and blood pressure medications.
Allergens in the air. The pollen and other allergens you inhale can trigger hives, sometimes with upper and lower respiratory symptoms. Urticaria treatment in Nizamabad
Environmental factors. Examples include sunlight, vibrations such as using a lawnmower, hot showers or baths, pressure on the skin such as tight clothing or scratches, emotional stress, insect bites, and exercise.
Urticaria and angioedema are common. You may be at an increased risk of hives and angioedema if you:
- Have ever had hives or angioedema
- Have had other allergic reactions
- Have a family history of hereditary urticaria, angioedema, or angioedema
Severe angioedema can be life-threatening if swelling causes the throat or tongue to block the airways.
Take the following precautions to reduction your risk of hives or angioedema:
Avoid known triggers. If you know what triggered your hives, try to avoid this substance.
Bathing and moving. If pollen or contact with animals has triggered your hives in the past, taken a bath or shower and change clothes if exposed to pollen or animals. Urticaria treatment in Nizamabad