- Lining and villi of the small intestine
Small Intestine Lining Open Pop-up Dialog
Whipple’s disease is a rare bacterial infection that most commonly affects your joints and digestive system. Whipple’s disease affects normal digestion by changing the way foods are broken down and preventing your body from absorbing nutrients such as fats and carbohydrates.
- Whipple disease can infect other organs, including the brain, heart, and eyes.
- Without adequate treatment, Whipple disease can be serious or fatal. However, antibiotic therapy can treat Whipple’s disease Treatment in Nizamabad disease.
Common signs and symptoms
Digestive signs and symptoms are common in Whipple’s disease and can include:
Stomach pain and cramps that may work after meals
Weight loss associated with nutrient malabsorption
Other common signs and symptoms associated with Whipple disease include:
- Inflamed joints, especially the ankles, knees, and wrists
Whipple disease is caused by a type of bacteria called Tropheryma whipplei. Bacteria first affect the lining of your small intestine, creating small wounds (lesions) in the intestinal wall. Bacteria also damage the fine-haired protrusions (villi) that line the small intestine.
Not much is known about bacteria. Although they appear to be easily present in the environment, scientists do not know where they came from or how they spread to humans. Not all people who carry the bacteria will develop the disease. Some researchers believe that people with this disease may have a genetic defect in their immune response that makes them more likely to get sick when exposed to the bacteria. Whipple’s disease Treatment in Nizamabad
Whipple disease is extremely rare, affecting less than 1 in 1 million people.
- Risk factors
Because so little is known about the bacteria responsible for Whipple disease, the risk factors for the disease have not been clearly identified. Based on the reports available, it seems more likely that the following is affected:
- Men aged 40 to 60 years
- Whites in North America and Europe
- Farmers and others who work outdoors and have frequent contact with sewage and sewage. Whipple’s disease Treatment in Nizamabad